Re: Sitar Sounds out of a Guitar

In a message dated 12/9/99 11:20:40 AM, Kojaque@email.msn.com writes:

>I was wondering if anyone out there knows a way to get a sitar-like sound
>out of a regular electric guitar.  Is there a pedal or combinations of
>pedals that would do it?

I'd start with a compressor pedal, a particularly squishy one (Boss) Set
Attack low and compression a bit high, tone towards high end. Then next
plug
into a Flanger with a subtle, shifting thing going. If you can put an EQ
in
between the pedals you might dial out the mids.

Send this to a 3 second loop and set your drone with an open string, let
it
layer the same note at least twice. The flange should give you that slight
overtone shift that the Tamboura produces. Then pick away for your Sitar.

eric p
echo park