Re: Acoustic guitar looping and feedback problems

Old Thread I know, but I am only an Acoustic Player and wanted to join in
conversation.

Martin thinline Piezoelectric installed in the bridge does the trick.  No
need for soundhole covers, and feedback is virtually eliminated even at
loud
volumes.

Ok, so the argument goes, the piezo sound is not natural acoustic sound.
While this maybe true from a recording studio perspective, I have never
once
had anyone tell
me in a live performance that the sound was crappy. Quite the contrary,
many
have
complemented me on the sound.

Yes, the piezo seems to magnify the higher ends.  Agreed!  This effect is
completely
compensated for with a good pre-amp.  What preamp?  Crate Acoustic amps
are
unmatched for production line acoustic amps and they make a great rack
mount
preamp as well.  With the Crate amps (in particular the 125-D or rack
mount
equivalent), you can go from extreme bass to extreme treble.  It has three
preamp
filters (bass, mid, and treble) with a 10 band eq for output.  The line
out
allows for
direct connection into the house PA, which will allow you to crank your
sound
any drum-level necessary.

So, forget the sound hole covers, buy a piezo - $90 - $120 (Martin
thinline).
 Then get a good preamp.  Say good bye to feedback forever.