S/N [was Re: AKIA HEADRUSH]

-----Original Message-----
From: Hawkeye255@aol.com
To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
Date: Thursday, December 30, 1999 11:28 PM

>I only get 'hissing' and other noise if my signal is too hot going in to
the
>Headrushes

I find that to be an odd statement.  Hiss, in my experience, becomes more
apparent with a LOW s/n ratio, i.e. not enough signal.  This is the
opposite
of what you said above.  How can a hot signal cause hiss?  Distortion would
be the result I'd expect.

Happy new year,

Bill         billfox@fast.net            http://wdiyfm.org
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show.  Thursdays at
11pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem and 93.9 FM in Easton and
Phillipsburg.  Email me if you wish to submit music for airplay
consideration.