DL4 delay times: I dont get it

Hi folks,

Yet another DL4 question. The difference between stereo delay time (2.5
secs)
and mono looper delay time (14 secs) puzzles me. From what I read in the
manual on the net (don't own a DL4 yet), the stereo delay is high quality
24
bit true stereo. Using that RAM for the looper would result in 5 secs mono
time, and yet we are given 14 secs instead. That extra delay time can be
explained with:

1: the looper delay RAM and stereo delay RAM are not shared.
2: the looper delay signal has a lower quality, e.g. 16-bit 30Khz sample
    rate, or whatever.

Option 1 seems stupid, so the big question is: HOW'S THE LOOP QUALITY
COMPARED TO THE STEREO DELAY?

Thanks,
Robert