Roland SP202 problem

Hi there,

My friend George has just purchased a Roland SP202 sampler and he has come
across a problem that he cannot fix. I have obtained your email address
from
Looper's Delight mailing list archive in hope that you may be able to help.

Problem
When a sample/sound comes out of the mixer into the sampler, then loops at
set level with no samples actually playing, I receive a noise from the
channel which is being queued.

Could the Roland 9v - 240v transformer being used cause this problem or is
it something else?

Thanks,
Justin Alderton