MY2K musical diary online

for those who might be interested ... as posting one's personal diary to
the web becomes the latest fab, here's something slightly different: A
musical diary.

My friend Karsten Schulze (a keyboard player in Cologne/Germany) had the
wonderful idea to set himself this goal for 2000:

        To create 10 seconds of music each day.

The 10 seconds could be anything from a composed piece or some
improvisation to environmental recordings. This promised to be a wonderful
method to keep making music every day - even when there is very little
time
for music, there should be enough time for 10 seconds and for keeping the
contact to music. On the other hand, the 10 seconds format is a real
challenge! It is sometimes more difficult to squeeze a meaningful musical
statement into 10 seconds than into 3 minutes. On a good day, creating the
10 seconds can resemble writing a haiku or drawing a zen calligraphy. On a
bad day, the diary entry will consist of some mediocre idea. (oh yes, I
had
some of these.)

And also ... 366 days of 10 seconds make about one hour of music at the
end
of the year. One CD, that is. (Of course, listening to an hour of musical
and sound fragments is not for everyone.)

Several musicians have taken up this idea and are working on their own
MY2K
project. There is even a mailing list.

I've set up a webpage today (see URL below) to publish my own musical
diary
(23 entries so far). You can click a calendar and listen to the sound of
the day. Have fun, and let me know what you think.

*       Michael Peters:         mpeters@csi.com
*       escape veloopity:               electronic guitar loop music
*       hop - fractals in motion:       strange attractors
*       http://www.mpeters.de/mpeweb