OT: MusicYo / Spirit GT-Pro View Point

Dear all,

    Whoever it was that first posted the bit about Music Yo selling
Steinbergers for less than $260.00 many thanks!  I know, I know, it's a
Spirit model and not the graphite beasties (which, I too prefer) but have
say that I am VERY happy with the guitar!  I made the order on Sunday
morning
at about 2 AM, got the tracking number with UPS ground on Monday evening,
and
it arrived on Thursday afternoon (wish I would've gone downstairs and
checked
that day).

    Music Yo answered a few emails I had sent to them, and had given me a
few
directions to go in on getting strings (they have a set of links to another
web seller) and to a few other people out there for cases, though you
almost
always end up getting a slightly better deal from your local reseller, it
seems...

    The gig bag supplied with the Spirit GT-Pro isn't the same one that
comes
with the typical Steinberger, and it seems to be best at keeping the rain
off
the instrument and just simply being a better "bag" to carry the guitar.
The
pocket size is nice, would be nice if it was made from slightly better
materials and the strap a bit more sturdy.  The included instructions help
out a little, but could be just a little more clear about the "Main Tuning
Knob."  Also, would've been awesome to supply a set or two of extra
strings,
but that's it for the "gee, it woulda been nice if's."

    The guitar itself is set up similiar to an Ibanez, with a Main Volume
and
a Main Tone control, a five way pick up selector and a pickup configuration
of Humbucker, single coil, Humbucker using passive EMG Selects.  Was really
happy with the tone of the instrument on both clean and distorted channels.
Something to be said about these new EMG Selects...  They sound MUCH better
than the way they did only a few years ago.  Unplugged, the guitar sounds
bright and clear, but not thin!  Also, don't sweat sustain (in my view,
there's never enough) and this little beastie seems to sustain for forever
and a day both clean and distorted.

    The only thing that takes a little getting used to is the tension knob
on
the back of the whammy bar, and that you don't want to be monkeying around
with it that much (how I broke a few strings after I first starting playing
with the guitar and had to make a desperate trip to the local music store).
Seems like the best thing is to suss out what size strings you're going to
use and then to just simply leave it (Main tuning knob) there.  The lock
lever needs a pair of needle nose pliers for the first few uses, and then
can
be done with a little more force later on.  Took a little time to get the
hang of the Main Tuning Knob and keeping the whammy bar staying in the
"middle" position.
    Tuning this beastie and it staying stable are also super sweet, wish my
other whammy bar instruments would behave the same way, but oh well...

    Adding a phaser, and a pair of digital delays, this beastie is a blast,
adding a Boomerang at the end of the signal chain and man, what fun we can
have...  Have to take a peak at the powered PA that Music Yo is selling and
then it's just a matter of speakers...  No, I don't have GAS.  :)

    L8r on,

        Lee-ohki.