Laptop audio help

Hi there

I need some assistance. I want to get together some people's
knowledge about using Laptops for audio. Do the pro's outdo
the cons? Is having a portable editor sacrificing a noise & glitch
free output? I have a spec in mind:

10 GB HD (SCSI, if that's possible on a Latop)
(8ms or less access, 10,000rpm, A/V compliant)
Gadgetlabs Wave 8/24
128 SDram
8 MB Graphics.
Cool Edit Pro
Yamaha CDRW

Also is there anyone out there from a company in England that
can quote me a price? I'm from Dublin and there is no Audio PC
bundle manufacturers to be seen on this isle.

Any detailed help can access me off-list at:

Michael_Taylor@entemp.ie

Thanks

Michael Taylor