question re: EDP

Kim, I'm directing this question to you.  Anybody else, please chime in as
you
wish.  Just don't say another word about guitar synthesizers!  :)

I'm connecting my EDPs and my Kyma system, attempting some sort of
integration.
I want to build-up a loop on the EDP and capture it in the Kyma.
Basically, I
need the Kyma to "read" the BeatSync output so it can determine when a loop
starts/ends.  Is there a MIDI signal produced analogous to the BeatSync?
My
alternative is to use the BeatSync output to generate a MIDI event via a
box
like the PC-1600x, I suppose.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com