RE: looping electronic percussion

Seems like you'd be much better off with a sequencer or drum machine that
can run in loop record mode.  eg: Dr550, 660, Alesis SR-16 etc.

That is if your drummer only wants to loop drum module sounds rather than
audio.

If you're sending MIDI notes already from your drum interface module, and
your drummer is playing along so a MIDI sequence (with time code) you can
sync the sequencer or drum machine to that.

He may even want to dump the trigger idea altogether (they can be a but
finicky) and just play on the velocity sensitive pads of a suitable drum
machine in loop record mode, and then switch to the sticks for the live
feel.

Happy spirals,

Richard Allen

richarda@famoustech.com