RE: cd burning problem

I'd say call HP and Adaptec tech. support.

-----Original Message-----
From: Petr Dolak [mailto:pepetr@crnet.net]
Sent: Saturday 04 March 2000 3:04 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
Subject: cd burning problem

I am trying to burn my CDs (looping content, so it is related) but have
rather unexpected troubles: all my waw files on my sound forge are fine and
clean, no clipping, but when I burn the cd on Adaptec a mild distortion
occurs, it seems especially in the left chanel.  I even lowered the overall
volume on teh files by 2 dB, but it did not help much.  And I ran the cd
burner (HP 8200) self-test, no problems.  How strange: monitoring the sound
from the computer is fine, recording is clean, and then the actual cd in my
stereo is not good (and I tried various stereos).  Anybody has any advice?

petr
pepetr@crnet.net