Re: RE: Discuss Amongst Yourselves....

> Well... down there at the molecular level and beyond things get
> rather strange and incredible. It's the last frontier of science to
> describe that stuff and they're finding interesting links to
> previously believed irrationality.

Yes, I understand that. At the sub-atomic level apparently
there's "no there, there". I was making a case against mystical,
unfounded, beliefs about music which are based on little more
than "feelings". For example, just because I "feel" that the
world is round, it does not make it true. Feeling are no
substitute for the validity of the senses.

> >> However, psuedo-scientific drivel *is* pointless. Perhaps I
> misunderstood your implication. I apologize if I did. - Larry
>
> This is sounding sort of backhanded Larry... I appreciate the
> apologetic tone however.

It's not backhanded at all.

> Musically speaking, very few of us would be venturing too
> far out on any limbs if we all subscribed to such conservative
> nay-saying.

The range of musical expression I am interested in runs the gamut
from Bulgarian Radio Choirs, the throat-singers of Tuva Tuva, John
Cage, Cowell, Eno, et al, to the Beatles, Alvin Lucier, the Sex
Pistols, Sonic Youth, NegativeLand, Soviet France, etc...just to
name a few. But if any one of these artists attempts to prop up
what they do with wrong-headed platitudes and BS, it would be
intellectually dishonest for me to simply ignore it.

Are people so brainwashed by "political correctness" and
"sensitivity" that they're afraid of having strong opinions?

Geez...
- Larry