RE: Interesting...

would it be more accurate to say "religion, *as often promoted by western
religions instututions*, is a closed book"?  i believe religion *can* (and
should?) be open to questioning and revision.

** i'd agree to this to a ceratin point.

my main distinction about religion and mysticism (hey a loop, we're back at
the beginning!) is that religion is often (note the word "often") dogmatic,
it's based on hierarchy and a priest class handing down a codified "truth";
mysticism can be (note the words "can be") based on a personal and
empirical
search (i'm gonna get reamed for this) for "truth" (or what have) you based
on self examination.

or something,

stig