RE: R8/R5 Human Rhythm Composers

Great info. Thanks.

I didn't know that about Steve Tibbetts.  I know Marc Anderson used an
Octopad (who hasn't?) to trigger drum tones/loops when I saw Steve and
Marc
play Tibbets' stuff live with Dean MacGraw and Jim Anton.  I think my jaw
was permanently cracked from where it hit the floor when they launched
right
into Name Everything at the beginning of the set. ahhh memories . . .

I'd be interested in building patterns live on something like an R5 from a
Ztar, but I would prefer to use outboard sounds on a sampler (latency
*sigh*) and minimize the gymnastics involved switching patterns,
recording/overdubbing, etc.

Offand I could try one or both of these:

Approach one, configure some of the pads on the ztar to send sysex,
handier
than footswitches maybe

Approach two, for less impromptu pieces, automate the overall 'schema' of
the percussion parts as it were (sans notes).

More ideas?

Mike