Re: Free Music

Someone give Lars some Kleenex while I tune up
my sympathy violin... ;)

The record companies and the 'artists' who collaborate
with them have been ripping consumers off for decades.

This *is* the end of the major label music industry as
we know it and the star system that supports it.
Good riddens. I haven't bought any major label product
for years, anyway.

Just for the record (no pun intended), major label artists
make most of their money through concerts (another rip-off),
product endorsements and tie-ins, and merchandising.

Lars and his ilk complain that their 'Art ' is being
treated like a commodity, yet, that's exactly what it
is whenever you attempt to mass-market something. Hardly,
a News Flash.

It's the 'Barbie Principle' - giveaway the doll but
soak 'em on the clothes and the Malibu BeachHouse. :)

- Larry T