A Loopy Bedtime Story

I paid a long overdue visit to an old friend of mine
last week. He's the guy who gave me my first guitar
lessons some 25 years ago when I was a roadie in his
band. I've been trying for the last two years to
describe looping to him via telephone.

I take along my Line6 DL4 & give a quick & dirty
demo. He's suitably impressed & sez he might get one.
Then I start looking at some of the effects stuff he
has on hand. I find a Digitech Whammy-Wah that he
uses "sometimes" & a Digitech RDS 900 that he found
cheap but never uses. "It's got chorus, flange, & a
little bit of delay", he sez.

I had never played with one of these RDS thingys
before, but I do pay attention when you folks go off
on all things loopy! I ran the RDS into the Whammy-
Wah & then commenced to playing strings, pushing
buttons, turning knobs, & putting the pedal to the
metal. My friend sits there for a solid hour as I
spin out bird noises, synth pads, clouds of frogs,
and at one point, a particularly evil duet with
Charles Manson. When I was done, my friend nodded his
head & gave his valediction. "Just leave everything
hooked up the way it is", he sez.

Do we have a convert? Only time will tell.

All I know is that I've added a Digitech RDS-xxx
to my already large list of things I want. The list
gets bigger, but my budget does not. :(

John

=====
John Tidwell