from ACID to keykit!

hello people,

i thought i'd mention a bizarre pc midi app for everyone looking for
something a little more than traditional sequencing.

besides, sketchy joe was saying:
> I would like to see a program that will take audio information and
> manipulate it on the fly or even a program that will apply random >
>effects to a sample.
> Really, I want a computer that will improvise with my input as
> opposed to the current system in which I (the human element) must
> react to the program.

the answer for the brave: keykit!

try here: <http://209.233.20.72/keykit/index.html>
or here:  <http://209.233.20.72/tjt/index.html>

q: what is this?
a: it's basically an open-code (buzzword fer ya there!) customizable
MIDI sequencer with a sh*tload of midi tools that can be integrated into
your own progs. yes, u can fractalize yer melodies and grow beatz. or u
can write yer own algorithms (al-khwarizmi). to start you can try
running yer midi data thru espresso ...

WARNING: the user interface is quite rudimentary and takes some getting
once you get beyond that though, you can start doing some very
interesting things. imo, this is the direction MIDI software will start
to go, maybe someone will design a nicer front-end?

l8ter,
rob