OT: SAMPLE

Here's an amusing tale from real life. :)

As I was leaving work, I happened to glance down.  There on the sidewalk
was a
keycap, the kind of keycap that fits a computer keyboard.  I picked it up.
 The
keycap was labeled with a single word.

            SAMPLE

How was I to interpret this event?

Was the keycap an omen?

[Cue introspective music.]

Does it mean I should spend more time looping?  It's a message telling me
"SAMPLE"?  Maybe I'm supposed to create a piece from sampled found
objects?  Or
maybe it means that sampling is a dead-end in my personal music quest?  A
"control" connected to nothing!  Or a new beginning!!  Yes!  Perhaps I was
being
called to search the world for a device that the keycap would fit, aka my
Cinderella looping machine?  Meaning that all my current hardware is
inadequate
and will never satisfy me?  Or maybe the opposite, that I have all that I
need
and all I lack is the key to press, so the keycap has been given to
me?.......Perhaps EVERTHING I've experienced is just a sample, and it all
REALLY
begins NOW!  (No, wait.  That would be an ENTER keycap.  Good thing I
didn't
find a DELETE keycap!)

Or maybe somebody was just throwing away some trash....

Slightly Loopy,

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com