re: current reading? (OT)

> i thought it was also interesting to know
> what others on the list were reading

currently, I'm reading an old German book about birdsong. Why do birds
sing, what is learned and what is inherited, what are the songs like, and
what else is there to learn about it? For some reason I'm extremely
interested in the detailed structure of birdsong, and excited about the
possibilities of time-stretching software to reveal what would otherwise
pass much too fast (see the May 13 entry in my MY2K online sound diary for
an example).

A few weeks ago, I read Brian Greene's book about the Superstring Theory:
The Elegant Universe. An extremely interesting read. The one underlying
principle of the universe really seems to be vibration, oscillation -
waves, or perhaps, in terms of musicians, music and harmony.

=       michael peters
=       electronic music & strange attractors
=       http://www.mpeters.de/mpeweb