Looping & mikes

Back in the late 70's my musical partner and I both worked as radio
dispatchers for a rural Ohio fire department and would often set up our 2
reel to reels and loop if we had adjoining shifts or if we had a day off
and
the other guy didn't ,we'd loop all night in the meeting room in the fire
house. One night we set up early and used the set up to loop the
proceedings
of that month's "officers meeting"(they knew not).One of the more amusing
non-musical loops I've ever heard was the result.Of all the open mike
loop subjects though ,the piano still yields the most interesting results
for
me along with dense vocal loops.

                                                   B.Helm