admittedly off-topic

Hello to all. This is about as off-topic as you can get but I thought I
would
give it a shot anyway. Anyone on the list have any experience bringing
gear
into other countries? I know I need a voltage converter and outlet adapter
plug into the mains (in Cairo) but that's about it. Any suggestions/advice
on
getting a decent amount of gear, including a Line 6 DL 4 ( I thought I
would
be vaguely on-topic for a split second) shipped over with me on the plane,
customs hassles etc, and what I would need to buy to be able to use the
stuff
through the mains in Egypt (220 V)? Any info would be more than greatly
appreciated, as I am continually imagining what my poor gear would look
like
melting into little bits of unrecognizable blobs of liqiud metal and
plastic.
Thanx
joe.