OT: guitar bow (was Re: OT: sitar-style bridge)

Speaking of advertising in Guitar Player; in the back of an old Guitar and
Bass Players Buyer's Guide, 1998-1999, I think, there was this ad for a
"bow" that worked like a violin bow, but it was curved so that you could
get to each individual string. It was only something like 25 or 30 bucks
(and it even included rosin). It looked like it would work as good on an
acoustic as an electric guitar.

I was going to order a couple of them a few months ago, but I missed the
1999-2000 Buyer's Guide and I don't know if they are still available. Any
ideas? I've never found a website for it and I don't want to just send my
money with no idea of whether or not they are still being made.

I have an Ebow, but I was wanting to get one of these guitar bows to try
and get a better "violin" sound out of a guitar, something that is pretty
difficult to pull off well with an Ebow.

And speaking of that Buyer's Guide, I do recall reading about a company
with something that you could put on a normal guitar bridge and get a
sitar like buzz out of it. It was kind of like those old, cheap Coral
sitar bridges.

--

On Sun, 28 May 2000 23:17:11   THusken wrote:
>-This is going to be a very weak lead but I do recall a company
>(individual?)
>that made some sort of device you could install on electric or acoustic
>guitars that produced sitar-like sounds.  I can't for the life of me
>remember
>the name of the company even though I do remember talking to them and
>receiving their catalog in the mail!!  (at 35 my brain is already fogging
>up).  I do recall they advertised in Guitar Player for a while - good
>luck in
>your search!

What are you N2?  Choose from 150 free e-mail addresses.
http://www.n2mail.com