Re: EDP LED switcheroo

>                                                          ... In my feeble
defense, under the
>circumstances it would have been relatively easy to get myself into an
>unwanted mode and be unaware of it.  I was set up in bright sunlight, and
>although the rack was covered with a space blanket to minimize solar soak,
>the LCD panel was virtually unreadable due to high ambient light level.

I can relate to that!  I have similar tales of woe.

First time I looped w/ EDP outside, I couldn't tell what mode I was in!
(Am I
recording??  Maybe I'm overdubbing???  And where is the loop
start-point??)  It
never occurred to me that I might not be able to read the display.  Too
much
midnight looping, I suppose.  I'd set-up things differently today...

I had a similar experience with the LOOP vs. DELAY mode.  Seemed like my
EDP had
become possessed!  Whatever I told it to do, it did something different!
Now,
when loops work strangely, it's the first thing I check.

This is not a complaint regarding the EDP, just a learning curve thang...

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com