Re: Line 6 DL4 or Boomerang?

Well, I've got both and really like both, so I can give you a pretty
upright comparison.  The answer is that it depends on your need.  I've had
the boomerang for a few years now and it is still a vital piece of gear
for me.  I use it to create long looping atmospheres, which it does a
great job for.  I also use the live reverse thing quite a bit.  It's a
snap to use and even though a lot of people complain about it's sound
quality, it's never bothered me at all.  If you're looking for long loop
times, that's your best bet.  I can't wait for the new chipset!

I really like the DL4 because of it's versatility.  I use it as both a
delay or a looper (and will switch between it's functions during a song).
It isn't as easy to use as the boomerang, but given it's other
capabilities (love the expression pedal), it's also a strong choice.  I
wouldn't recommend it solely as a looper unless you don't need very long
loop times, but if you don't have a lot of gear and want the most bang for
your buck, the DL4 wins in that regard.

Kevin

Kevin Goldsmith                         kevin@unitcircle.com
Unit Circle Media                       http://www.unitcircle.com/