Re: waterphones and other cool instruments

Dear Darcy,

If you're interested in finding out a lot more about new sound sources and
unusual instruments like the waterphone, I suggest visiting the
Experimental Musical
Instruments site <http://www.windworld.com/emi/>.

EMI was a small but invaluable magazine published from 1985 up until last
year. You can find a lot of interesting articles on electroacoustic
instruments in the
EMI web page, through the listing their back issues (which are still
available). The EMI homepage also has a large number of links to various
instrument inventors
and resources on the web.

There's also an interesting discussion list called "oddmusic,"  with a
focus on invented instruments. There's been a of talk and tips on
"circuit-bending" there.
You can access it through e-groups.com:
<http://www.egroups.com/group/oddmusic>

Best regards,