Re: More About Reality

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000 magicicada@mindspring.com wrote:

> Could you tell me more about Reality?
> thanks

Well, arguably I couldn't tell you anything true about reality, since the
entirety of what we consider to be 'reality' is information received by
our senses, and since we all have infinite subtle differences in our
structure and form, I do not perceive the same reality you do.
</wiseass>

Actually, I use Reality for a whole buttload of things. It's an excellent
sampler, as it can use WAV files as tone sources, and it has a very, very,
very flexible and pretty easy to deal with architecture. 4 oscillators, 4
filters, 4 LFOs, 4 envelopes. Not a K2000, but it's flawlessly realtime on
my 233mmx laptop, and a hell of a lot cheaper. It reads soundfonts too...
What sold me on it was the fact that it's not at all picky about sound
cards (cough cough, gigasampler) and i've never had latency over 50 ms.

As far as VST not playing nicely, it's due to the fact that Reality has
its own directX waveout device and windows (stupidly) maps all audio outs
to this device when reality is running. This makes very bad things
happen...

-><-