Re: Kyma

>Speaking of Kyma, how's the latency when played from a keyboard or guitar
>MIDI
controller?  Is it comparable to >a hardware synth?

I'm not a synth person so I don't know what kind of latency to expect from
hardware synth.  The Kyma MIDI-to-sound latency is adjustable from 2
milliseconds to 9 milliseconds.  The audio latency is adjustable from 3
milliseconds to 10 milliseconds.  Of course, you can delay MIDI and audio
via
your Kyma program as an effect.

>Also, was anyone able to substantiate the story of John Paul Jones giving
>up on
using his Kyma at his live >shows because it kept crashing?

I haven't heard anything more.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com