Re: Why CompactFlash, Damon ?

> That's very interesting, I didn't know that there was a speed
> difference between the two formats!  Is it intrinsic in the media,
> is there a URL somewhere with more technical information?

CompactFlash is slower due to the PCMCIA/ATA interface monitored by an
embedded microcomputer inside the card between the external bus and the
internal memory chips.

Smartmedia is only these memory chips WITHOUT ANY microcomputer, so you
can expect much higher speed when directy connected to embedded
hardwares.

I wonder the use of an absolute IBM-PC compatibility for specific
looping hardwares.
So why losing performances ?

See Mitsubishi and other wellknown japaneese manufacturers ...

Emmanuel