recommendation anyone?

I'm thinking I need to simplify my rig, so I'm searching out high-quality
rack-mountable multi-effect units.  I'm not so fussy about price if
they're durable as hell and sound good.  (I see no point in using crappy
reverb when my guitars and amps are first-rate.)

Locally I have available Digitech and Alesis.  (Have not had good luck
with Alesis products myself, but my recent CD was recorded on Alesis ADAT,
and it sounds damn good.)

Anyone want to contribute their $.02?  If you like, e-mail me privately,
and save the lists' bandwidth for more important discussions (ahem).