RE: The Best Loopers

Dennis, sorry for taking so long to respond... here are your questions and
my responses...

> I'm just wondering what the best looper to use is? ...
> Of course I have to ask, "'Best' for what?"  Here's some
> considerations: How do you want to use it?  Live?  In the studio?

Live work mainly, once the songs are written.

> With other gear?

It'll need to interact with some other kind of synth unit, like the
Kurzweil
2500RS. What I'd like to be able to do is use the synth features to change
the sound of my guitar to a variety of other instruments, and then use the
looping capability to build up parts. Generally, I'm looking for
professional level performance with expansion capability for the future.

> With other players?

There may be other folks on the stage, but I don't think there will be
direct interaction with the EDP on their part (if that's what you meant).

> Do you improvise as you play?

Yes.

> Do you want preset loop lengths?

Not sure because I'm a novice. Guess my answer now is the more flexibility
the better. What are the pros and cons here?

> How much floor space do you have?

Not a problem.

> Can you use rack-mounted equipment?

Yes.

> How mobile?

Just huffing to the occasional gig...

> Does it have to be battery powered?

AC will be available.

> Do you connect it to a mixer effects loop?

Should have this capability.

> Do you want stereo?

Not now, but would like to have the capability for later expansion.

> How many simultaneous loops?

Again, not sure because I'm a novice. Guess my answer now is the more
flexibility the better. What are the pros and cons here?

Does this help give you the info needed to make a recommendation?

Thanks for your assistance, Dennis, and to anyone else that cares to chime
in on this thread.

Kevin