Re: Viva Electrix!

>Can I just say, WOW.  I've been saving my pennies (more like skeptically
>watching this list) for the Echoplex.  However, seeing the dedication,
>and attention that Electrix is paying to Looper's Delight, I have to say
>that it seems obvious which company is "getting it."  Kudos to you
>Damon!  I'll be first in line to buy a product from a company that's got
>it's finger on the pulse of the people that really use gear on a daily
>basis.

Electrix Rocks!  Damon has been very helpful to me over the last few weeks
or so with my current Electrix gear (filter queen and eq killer).  Similar
to Mark's situation, i have been going back and forth on the whole
'Echoplex' purchase...However, seeing the coming of the Repeater, i will be
plunking down the cash if this beast does what it promises, and is
real-time friendly.

I don't think, however, that we (Looper's Delight folks) are the
necessarily the "pulse" that Electrix is "keeping a finger on", per se.  I
think we're a VERY FORTUNATE side effect...

Electrix gear is, IMO, made for DJ/Remix Culture.  Their styling,
input/output specs, ad campaigns, website and such are all geared to hook
up your turntables, twist those future/retro lookin' knobs and get those
booties movin'!

The VERY FORTUNATE part comes in from the fact that real-time
instrument-based loopers seem to have similar performance-oriented issues.
We need tools that react in very simple, predictable ways, are rock-solid,
and have well-designed, intuitive interfaces.  So you don't look stupid up
there...whether you're spinning vinyl to the crowd shaking their asses, or
doing your guitar loopy thing to the audience shaking their heads! :)

However, Electrix seems to be smart enough to realize that there is a
market with us...That we will buy their gear and we will also spread the
word!

case in point...the two other guitarists i am playing with are looking at
my Filter Queen (so nice with the expression pedal and footswitch) with
envious eyes...and i can't say enough about it!  potential additional
sales?  you bet...

more than 2 cents...

rich