From: Mike Biffle <Mbiffle@svg.com>
To: <relayonemanband@cts.com>; <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 2:52 AM
Subject: Re: Footpedals (was Rampant Elitism)

> > There is obviously a need and demand for this type of unit.  Isn't this
a potentially profitable piece of equipment?

> I get the feeling that most people who ergonimically need foot control
(guitarists, bassists, horn players, ???) tend to also want simplicity
(read: non-time-imposing implementation). So first off... most guitarists
od
on midi specs and programming minutae and don't really know they NEED a
fully implemented pedal. Which leads the majority of them to less than
fully
featured pedals... leading the manufacturers to believe that there's not a
big enough market for a fully implemented pedal. Sales of these pedals
probably bear this out and voila! We get what we as for (as a mass
demographic).

> > What exactly would it take to resurrect the PMC-10?
>
> I wish I knew... I've got two PMC-10's and wish there were some ongoing
product development and support for them.

> > It does leave you wondering when a major player like Roland
>discontinues
their full range foot controller.  Isn't this something everyone will need
when all men are brothers, oops, all machines are talking thru MIDI?
(Don't
tell me that day will never come) :) Gary

> I'm surprised that Roland has done this... They might have offered a
little more information about the deeper features of this cool pedal though
because it seems to do a lot more than product copy would lead you to
believe. Although using hard coded cc numbers for the expression pedals
leaves a lot of products out in the cold... (Waldorf and others using hard
coding for their controller assignments). The ability to just assign even a
single number to a pedal would be a LOT more flexible.