Loop, Loop, Loop!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Pask" <andrew@kaleidacousticon.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 7:29 PM
Subject: Re: Kyma/max

>If I had the time and money I'd get both.
>Both are deep apps with strengths and weaknesses.
>I got Max/Msp not knowing about about Kyma.
>
>I think at's also valuable to consider support.
>Get on all the mailing lists and check out the communities which have
>grown
>up around each app.Are they cool for newbies?Is the "parent" company
>actively involved?Do they have a good rep for helping out their clients?
>
>Get demos and try some things out.
>
>Two things I will say for Max/Msp (not really knowing Kyma from a hole in
>the road):
>
>-It happily uses most other good quality I/O hardware without fear of
>conflict, so you can have another major audio app using the same set up.
>
>-There are many people developing some amazing add ons, the NATO
>image/video
>processing package is right out there, blows Videolic away, and the
>networking/cross platform/internet possibilties are getting more powerful
>all the time.
>
>As seems to be the case, no one app will be the magic answer, the solution
>will be some arduously attained and usually uniquely personal setup.
>
>L8r
>
>Andrew

At 7:14 PM -0400 8/25/00, pvallad1 wrote:
    And to confuse the issue even more, I found several examples of folks
using
Max _and_ Kyma, though typically they ran them on separate machines (e.g.
one
Powerbook to act as the Kyma interface, the other to run Max).

Though, I didn't find any examples of folks using Kyma and Max _with MSP
all
at the same time_.

Paolo