Re: OT: tremolo pedal

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, abduction scene wrote:

> I just want some direction before i walk
> into a Mars or GC or somewhere, since i
> can barely stand to be in those places for
> more than 15 minutes.  Thought i'd ask what
> fellow loopers use.

I haven't found a pedal that produces the range of tremolo sounds I'm
happy with.  I've tried (and owned) most of the current production models,
including the Boss and Voodoo Labs, and just wasn't happy with what they
put out.

Thankfully, one of the fellow loopers here sold me an ancient
Yamaha REX-50 desktop/amptop unit that fills that role admirably.  The
stereo pan is decent, with total control over filters and modulation, and
I discovered that if you tweak a chorus patch (probably will work on other
units) past the range of 'musically useful' that it starts generating a
very nice vibrato sound.

For live use, it's either that or the built-in trem on my Sunn Solos II
combo.

93/156

the Reverend Rob
http://www.mp3.com/thereverendrob : feedback and echo mp3s