OT Re: sustainer/Klein-clogging 1

i'll check out those Micahel Hedges tracks; the TT *is* 'capable' of lotsa
nuancing..... in conjunction w/yer *own* physical techniques & a modicum
of imagination.

also:
i had ---on loan, in 1988/89--- a steinberger TT w/a polyphonic 'infinite
sustain' feature: built by ned steinberger, bob wolstein & rick turner, it
ummmmmm..... rocked. twas never produced, though.
each string had its own on/off switch & 'drive-control' for the sustain
feature. if i remember correctly, the team also had a mod that'd allow for
the 'sweeping-through' of the natural harmonic series.
i used that instrument on a mark isham recording; maybe i used guitar that
on the soundtrack to 'the beast', as well.
just for y'all's info.....
dt
dt

THusken@aol.com writes:
<< -on the subject of what a TransTrem is capable of producing as far as
'musical' results, I can think of no better example then the tracks 'Point
A'
and 'Point B' on Michael Hedges '90 release Taproot.  I believe these two
pieces were written specifically for the TransTrem and are very clear and
direct as far as recording goes.
-I also can't help but think that it would be neat to experiment with a
TransTrem and a unit like the Sustainiac that sustains all strings at
once.
The sound shifting possibilities seem intriguing.