Re: Warez (was Sharks Lungs in Haggis)

>Are you saying that you would pay for software if it didn't have bugs?
>
>Are you saying that you are making use of this software even though it is
>buggy, but won't pay for it because it is buggy, but not so buggy that you
>can't be productive with it?

No, i just think that the attitude of the software developers is pretty
arogant and that the prices of the software are overpriced. First you have
the beta, that you get to the release candidate, then it's a new beta
out...

>I shouldn't ask questions like that.  I regularly go to the local 7-11 and
>take doughnuts without paying for them.  They aren't fresh after all, so
>why pay for them?

if i steal a doughnut then i'm causing damage to the retail store and the
manufacturer; they had to pay for the ingridients. sure, you could say that
developers had a lot of costs with r&d. true. but the main difference is
that if i copy a program i'm not causing any direct damage to the producer,
because if i wouldn't copy it i just wouldn't have, the developer wouldn't
get any money from me anyway. so at the end, the only difference is the
state of my satisfaction. also for example, if i copy some piece of
software
this might help to produce a couple of cool tunes which could influence my
future cashflows. the first thing i would do when i had the money is to buy
all the software i use and i would buy the software which i liked in the
"testing" phase.

anybody who's "generating" money with software should buy it.

gregor