Re: Mixer Questions

Jan and Rainer,

Thanks for the replies.  I'm a little concerned about Jan's comment
about his friend having troubles with the mixer when he moved it a lot.
I plan on using it for both home studio and live use (though in Eastern
Iowa, there aren't many opportunities for live looping performances--so
it probably won't get moved too often).

> > the subgroup outputs.  My thought, then is to route the signals I want
> > going to the Vortex into a pair of subgroups (say 1&2), feed sub outs
> > 1&2 into mixer inputs that are assigned to subgroups 3&4.  If I then do
> > not assign subs 1&2 to main, but do assign 3&4 to main, it should be a
> > roundabout way of doing what the insert would do...right?
>
> I would go straight into the Vortex from the sub outs

Oops...I meant to say: "feed sub outs 1&2 into the Vortex, from the
Vortex outs into mixer inputs that are assigned to subgroups 3&4."
Basically, I can only really deal with two final outputs from the mixer,
so I wanted to pump the Vortex mix back into the mixer so that it could
be mixed with the non-Vortex mix to come out the main L and R outputs.
Given the complexity of Rainer's setup, I think I'm only scratching the
surface with my proposed use.

Rainer, are you only using the single output from the Headrush or have
you implemented the four "tape-delay" outputs as well?  I shudder when I
think of all the craziness I could invoke with the edp, headrush, and
vortex each doing their own things...

Thanks again.  If there are others out there who have experience with
this mixer in a looping rig I'd love to hear about them, both positive
and negative.

Cheers,

Jon Southwood