Repeater Track Length Workaround

Some of us were recently bemoaning the fact Repeater's 4 tracks are all the
same length, compared to being able to switch between different length
loops on the good ol' EDP. Personally it doesn't strike me as a big
problem, but something occurred to me...

I notice Repeater holds lots of loops on it's memory card, and this memory
card is the main memory (besides a 8 meg RAM "buffer").

Depending how quickly Repeater is able to switch loops, you should be able
to switch to different length loops on the fly, allowing us to mimic the
multiple loop set-up on the EDP, with the addition of 4 separate tracks,
pitch change, scrubbing, mixing, etc. And since everything is under MIDI
control, you could sequence this...

How about it, Damon? Can Repeater switch loops quickly enough to do this?

On the same subject, I'd like to suggest this loop switching work the way
Electribe pattern switching does (yeah, I love them electribes...), that if
a loop is running, the change to the new selected loop doesn't occur until
the end of the currently running loop. If the loop is "stopped" (I guess
muted actually), the change happens asap.

Mark