RE: Suggestion to the LD mailing list. (UPDATED)

my suggestion is this: I think it
>will be a
>good idea to make the posting through a Bulletin Board type of page inside
>the Looperīs Delight web site

>From: "Cody Davis" <codyda@ecpi.com>
>To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
>Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:16:11 -0500
>
>I like your idea Alejandro and totally agree. Can this be done by the
>webmasters?

Thanks Cody, thatīs what I would like to know also, it seems that the idea
didnīt get much interest on the list users or it wasnīt understood at all,
want to explain it again clearly, also I want to clarify and I thought I
did
it before that this isnīt a matter of using email filters (which I already
did) īcause even having all the LD emails delivered to a specific folder
we
still sometimes receive too many emails on a daily basis and using words
block certain emails like the guy on this list who was planning to put a
filter to the word "Repeater" is not a solution īcause maybe one of the
replies to that topic may have something of interest.
I would like that people on this list would have some minutes to check out
the Bulletin Boards that I mentioned before: Ampage:
http://www.ampage.org/
or Vintage guitar online: http://www.vintage-guitar.com:8080/forums/ to
see
what Iīm talking about, I guess many of you have used a Bulletin Board
service before but for those who havenīt please check those īcause I
really
think that if this list moves to a BB format it will be more benefical for
both users and the LD site itself īcause the Lopperīs Delight web page
will
have more hits per day and thatīs good īcause more people would see the
advertising banners that now Kim is starting to include which I think is a
good idea to make the site autosufficient and that autosufficiency is
something that Kim himself mentioned on the "LD sells out" email.
I know that if I donīt want to have my inbox fill of LD messages I just
can
unsubscribe myself and check the LD archives but what if I want to reply
some topic or post a new one?: I need to subscribe again (and later
unsubscribe, and later subscribe again and...).
Wouldnīt be easier that we could actually post a reply or a new topic
directly to the LD archives pages? (itīs OK if you need to be subscribed
do that!), I mean, the way the archives are organized in the "Thread" mode
are almost the ideal way for a BB page, the ideal way would be that the
page
could be divided in two like the BB on AMPAGE so we can click on a topicīs
name and on the right side of the screen we can read ALL the responses to
that topic and also POST a reply directly on there too!, here are some
more
benefits:

* The hard drive space that the list uses now on the server will be
reduced
īcause we wouldnīt need to leave or quote the original message in every
respose to that topic, actually if you now check the posts on the LD
archives they are like the original emails: every response has a copy of
the
original message and in many cases a copy of some of the responses, in a
BB
format the original message will be ONLY on the top and below will be
every
response in cronological order, isnīt that easier?.
* You eliminate the need of unsubscribing when youīre out of your home for
some days or not liking the list anymore, and no more "unsubscribe me or
Iīll sue" type of emails with their corresponding and useless responses.
* You can have categories sorted like for example: Echoplex D.P., Jamman,
Kyma, Repeater, Upcoming shows by area, etc., and actually this option is
useful for the guy who wated to create a Rolandīs Handsonic mailing list
too.
* You can post long topics without worrying to use too much bandwidth and
filling otherīs inboxes and actually the posts would be benefited with
contributions of other people which didnīt read the originalīs topic email
in the first time īcause they were unsubscribed at that time or they
thought
it wasnīt interesting enough to read it originally.
* You can check the topics, POST a new one or REPLY to them even if youīre
on vacation, on tour or in some place where you canīt have access to your
regular email account but you still have access to the Internet and just
by
accesing the LD web page you can do all that, isnīt that more useful?.

Maybe the list has grown too much and itīs time to move to a bigger home,
imagine if all the users on the list would make a post per day, thatīs a
lot
of emails in your inbox I think, why not use the already avalible space on
the LD archives pages?, and as I told you before I donīt spend too much
time
on the Internet on a daily basis and just check my inbox once a day, I
think
some users on this list also do that too thatīs why I think it would be
easier to check the posts, REPLY to them and POST new ones whenever you
have
the time on a BB.
I would like that Kim Flint who is the owner of this list and other users
would comment something on this idea.
Thanks.
Alex.