loop friendly gigs

Okay, it's taken me a lot of time to get ready for this venture and will
take even longer to produce it but I'm ready for the task.

About 2 months ago I through out the idea of creating a loopers gigging
guide and eventually volunteered to be the HTML gate keeper and code writer
for the information.

This archive will hopefully allow us to coordinate small tours, both
together and separately. It will also help us find gigs and get paid more
often for our craft so we can afford every new piece of looping gear
without
having to sacrifice our latest piece of equipment. Lastly it will help put
our community into the community and build the acceptance of all loop-based
music.

Before we actually being submitting the names of venues I would like to
hear
suggestions of what info should or shouldn't be sought.

My initial idea is to ask question about and obtain info concerning

name of venue
address city state, country!!!
phone, fax,
email, Web site
owners name,
booker's name
hours
pay
perks
room (atmosphere)
audience
how you came to know the place
capacity
needs (surge protection!, dolly, extension cords, monitors, etc)
sound system
sound man supplied
load in
lighting
directions from (perhaps a link to map quest)
jpg image of outside and inside
develop a rating scale (would you play there again)
national acts who have played there
style of music mostly performed there
gig promotion tips

If you have any other thoughts about relevant and non relevant questions
please respond in the next 3-4 weeks. Please use the LD list to continue
the
brainstorm or feel free to email me directly.

I look forward to meeting all of you someday on stage or at least in the
audience!!!

Work    tquincy@sayhhi.com
home    openjam@aol.com

Todd Quincy
BC Rich, Kustom, PowerWerks, Davitt & Hanser