Re: whoa...

At 11:33 AM -0700 10/3/00, Merseybeet@aol.com wrote:
>i'm not sure who i talked with the last two or three times
>i've called but i've only talked with one person who actually works on
>them. his atitude was completely disinterested. i asked some questions to
>see if i could perhaps troubleshoot it from this end. he was completely
>nonchalant. and basically said "  yeah, yeah, yeah.. send it in and we'll
>send it back to you fixed in six to eight weeks.."

sounds like the way things were a year ago, before they fixed the problem.

>i'll be glad to talk to shane. do you have a direct number for him? i have
>also tried to get thru to the echolplex service folks and been stymied at
>least twice...

I'm pretty sure I gave it to you last time, but here it is again:
Shane is sradtke@gibson.com, 1-800-544-2766 x206 or (847) 741-7315 x206.

These phone numbers are readily available on the Echoplex section of the
Looper's Delight site. I keep such things up to date, so you should be able
to check there any time to get info like this.

>   i agree that the policy may be better than the last one and for that,
>they should be commended. but is it really realistic to have a piece of
>pro gear that can only be fixed by a few people in a  one place.

of course it is! you can ship things anywhere in the country in a day, so
there won't be any difference in repair time. (except that Shane gets stuff
done much faster than any of the independent services used to.)  What pro
wouldn't want an expert to fix their gear? Instead you want some untrained
guy who could only find a job in the electronics industry at the local
music store? It's not like there are a lot of echoplexes needing repairs at
any given time, you don't need more than one repair shop. I think this is
how most industries work now.

>i'll be
>touring in europe in a couple of weeks.. what if it crashes there?

They make it in Europe!!  You can take it directly to Trace Elliot and get
it fixed by the technicians there.

kim