Re: Guitar Signal Question - A Bit OT

Hi:

I just struggled with a similar problem. I'm running my guitar into a
Line6 Pro Pod then into an Alesis Quadraverb then into my Mackie mixer
(with interchangable guitar pedals prior to the Pro Pod on occasion). I'm
now taking a direct out of the mixer into a Behringer patchbay that
connects to a PreSonus Blue Max compressor. Then into the Echoplex. The
compressor helped out immeasurably with guitar as well as with digital
drums, Roland Handsonic, et al into the Echoplex.

Prior to using the compressor to front-end the Echoplex, I was having weak
signal problems or, if I boosted the Echoplex gain, horrible distortion
problems.

Now I can get a nice, hefty signal into Echoplex (and keep the led nice
and green with an occasional orange) with no distortion.

Regards, Paul
         "the Butch Band"