Re: Noises through pickups

Title: Re: Noises through pickups

From: Scott Martin <coirbidh_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:21:08 -0700 (PDT)
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Noises through pickups

I've heard in divers places about adding sonic
material to loops by playing various things through
the pickups of a guitar - vibrators, cordless drills,
etc.  My particular interest is in using cassette
players; I know that Torn sensei does some of this,
and I think others on the list have mentioned it.
Anyone care to share experiences, techniques, caveats
in this area?

Scott Martin
coirbidh_99@yahoo.com

Nels Cline creates some amazing textures by using a Fuzz Factory and one of those Smokey amps -- the little cigarette pack things -- and feeding it back into the pickups of his Jazzmaster.  I think he takes a second output from a volume pedal so that the guitar signal still goes through to his amplifier.

No, really, I don't stand at the edge of the stage and stare at guitarist's pedalboard.  Really.

Frank