Help with me Loops!

Hi Folks, I've been messin' with this for too long now so here goes: I
have
a jamman, a computer with cakewalk , cooledit and a few midi drum
sequencing
progs(fruity loops, etc), and a room full of assorted implements of noise.
What I would love to do is save a loop as .Wav file or whatever,  insert
it
into a Cakewalk track and use it to sync the Jamman .  The problem I am
having is stretching or compressing the file to fit a measure, especially
percussive samples. Maybe I'm approaching this the wrong way? It seems to
me
that there should be a fairly easy way of doing this.
Thanks everybody........Great List!

Oh...Bonus Question
I think I remember a-ways-back someone describing how to control a Jamman
and a GP100 with a FC200 pedal. Could someone reply personally. That's
another item that driving me nuts.
mailto:spiraleyez@hotmail.com
Keep it rollin'