Re: OT:Singing bowl measurements

>Best traces in a bell sound.  This bell sound
>has usually a harmonic spectrum of :
>1:1,1:2,2:3,3:4,4:5,5 and so on

Bells were what I was working on, theoretically, in my limited and purely a
priori analysis of this problem.  Hell, I have a degree in business, so
what do I know?

However, I'm intensely curious and my research led me to this page:
http://www.mmk.ei.tum.de/persons/ter.html
by a German physicist.  His discussions on bell "strike-tones" (and I was
glad, Bret, that you and your son had decided to measure the strike tones,
too) are interesting, as well as the "acoustic bass effect."  This page has
many, many goodies.

I have to make clear, though, because it's popped up occasionally, that I
do NOT own a bowl.  The whole 20" thing was only an example.

But in the face of empiricism, I'll have to trust Bret's ears when he
states that the measured fundamental was indeed the lowest component he was
hearing.  I'll continue to do some follow-up, but there are now some
obviously more qualified persons involved in this skirmish.

So, the Repeater.  What's up with that?