Re: Help looking Guitar Processor

Paul,

Be aware that the emotions are running high here at the looper's
delight list.  If you're stepping into territory that has little or
no looping content, be sure to put OT or something in the header.
The non-guitar loopers are camped just over the hill and they will
attack if provoked...no need to aggravate them!

I'll jump in here and suggest that you look into Line6's POD or
Flextone amps, the Johnson J-station, or Tech21 preamps or amps.
These units can provide you with a very 'BIG' sound, direct to the
board.  If you don't have the money or desire to get into classic,
modded, or boutique amplifiers, and if you don't feel like blowing
out your neighbors, or if you don't want to build a great sounding
room and refinance your house for microphones, these can be great
tools.  I have heard a bit on both sides of the fence, from people
that swear by amp modeling to 'purists' who wouldn't touch em.

For me, the Line6 POD has been an invaluable resource to track
guitars in my studio and get a pretty damn good sound, with no pissed
off wife, no mics, and very little hassles.  Plus, how cool is it to
switch from a lazy Fender Twin twang to a barking Vox AC30 to a
Soldano meltdown with the flick of a switch! (insert your best Ingwie
air guitar here).  There is a tube preamp setting which might work
good with your nylon string.

off topically,

rich

ps.  one good thing, if you actually like the sound of the POD, is
that you can access and trade 'amp' patches via a number of websites.
There are tons of patches out there.