Re: OT: Klein wood, chambers

At 7:29 PM +0100 11/4/00, Bruce Comens wrote:
>This is a late addition to the Klein thread back in September, which i
>read
>in the archive.
>Mine is due to be built any time now--or so I hope--and while I didn't
>have
>any trouble choosing pickups (Bardens) or the TransTrem, i'm still, or yet
>again,
>wondering about my choice of body wood.  Klein steered me toward solid
>basswood, but.....chambered swamp ash beckons--maybe it's only the visual
>lure?

What visible lure: the chambers are invisible. The only chambered
Klein that I've played had little cracks in the surface where the
chambers are. This is not meant to be a commentary on the
workmanship, the guitar had mistreated in other ways. At any rate,
the chambers didn't seem to make a huge difference in the sound.

My Klein, which I got used, (thanks Keenan) is solid
basswood/Bardens/TransTrem. I love it. I had been a Steinberger guy
for several years, not being able to rationalize a solid body guitar
at the Klein's price point. Suffice it so say that I still
occasionally use one of my Steinbergers, but only because it has a
synth pickup built in. The Klein just feels right.

-C

The optimist sees a glass half full...     | Chris Muir
The pessimist sees a glass half empty...   | cbm@well.com
The realist sees a glass twice as big as it needs to be.