Re: SPG in the UK...

> Well, I'm here in London, and finally settled in enough to be able to
start
> reposting to MP3 again... so, is there anyone else in the vicinity that'd
> have me play with them?  I'd enjoy doing washes for backgrounds at least,
> and I don't have much hardware to truck around (thank God, there's no car
> here but I wonder what it'll be like on the tubes with it, hm?  Well,
> perhaps a cab huh?)

getting around in London without a car is OK so long as you don't try and
carry a big amp on the tube, or try to do it during rush-hour... :o)

> Ironic that, just as I was functionally ready to play publicly, along
comes
> my marriage and the move out of LA.  (Sorry folks, she wins on this one
> [rolling eyes]).

There are plenty of places to play in London, it's just a matter of meeting
the right people...

> I've read that there's a killer "jazz" scene here... but also don't know
> where any of this stuff is.  Does this encompass also experimental music?
> After all, wasn't Miles thought by some as the same, and "not jazz"?

There is a bit of an experimental scene - the Vortex in Stoke Newington has
some really cool gigs on, as do some of the bigger venues, and there's the
London Musicians Collective, or something like that, who organise a lot of
stuff that I've not yet managed to get to... Spitz in Spittalfields is
another good venue for weird shit...

and then there's my gig on Friday... :o)

Let me know if you're playing...

Steve
web-site - www.steve-lawson.co.uk
e-mail - steve@steve-lawson.co.uk