re: new looping device :)

regarding Dennis Leas post about the cell phone experiment:

What a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing it.

    Along similar lines, I have gotten pretty good at controlling the
feedback from two toy walkie talkies, facing them at different angles
while turning the mic on.   I have one of those old red digitech whammy
pedals that has a two octave up/down capability.  In the two octave up
mode, the sweep up is a continuous pitch.
Consequently, I can play the feedback into the solo and once I land on a
controllable pitch
I can play the octave pedal like a 'fretless' feedback.   It is not as
precise as, say, a slide guitar solo (especially considering that I
can't even play a chord on a guitar, being a percussionist at
heart...............that's right, the drool comes out equally on both
sides of my cheeks when the stage is level) but I find that if I slowly
come up or down to pitch that I can get pretty cogent melodic
solos..........more Eno than Malmsteen, of course.  I used to do a
similar trick by whistling into am RE 501 Chorus echo, getting it to
feedback at a continuous volume and then playing the tape speed to
change the pitch (wow, that dates me!!).

BTW, did you just brazenly approach the cell phone people to ask them
for the loan of the
cell phones?  Also,  did you have the conference calling feature?  That
might increase the delay of your 'loop'

Thanks for the creativity, Dennis!     I get so inspired by Loopers
Delight!

                                            Rick Walker (a.k.a.
Loop.pooL)