Re: OT: Warning! Musician's Friend Warning!

At 04:44 PM 12/5/00 -0800, Mark Sottilaro wrote:

I'll second this -- I had practically the same experience last year around
the holidays with Musicians Friend.  I ordered a mixer and two limiters to
be delivered next day in order to meet a deadline.  They never arrived.  I
got runaround after runaround, and MF missed not only the initial ship
date, but the follow-up date they promised when I called up to complain.

When everything finally arrived (days late), they double-shipped the
limiters, and I had to deal with 2x the anticipated amount on my credit
card until I was able to straighten the whole thing out and return the
extra two limiters.

Everything *was* finally resolved, and I *did* get free shipping on
everything as well as an extra point or two discount.  But the session I
needed the items for was totally blown, and I wasted a lot of time and
endured a lot of frustration and irritation in the process.

Although I had previous satisfactory experience with MF, I haven't given
them a bit of business since this incident.  They're probably OK most of
the time, but I'd steer clear around the holidays.

rob switzer